Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rainforest Riddles


We have been learning about the rainforest as a habitat for animals. We have learned that animals have physical and behavioral adaptations to help them adapt to their environment. Many populations for the community that live in a rainforest. If you leave off the titles you have riddles to tell your friends!

Howler Monkey
by Silas Brown

I have a hollow bone in my neck,
I use the sound in case of danger,
I use strong arms to hold myself up.
Who am I?

Toucan
by Robert Parker

I have a long colorful beak,
I have black feathers,
I use my beak like tweezers.
Who am I?
The Toucan
by Arianna Harbert
I am colorful,
I eat berries,
My jagged beak helps me pick berries.
Who am I?
The Gorilla
by Sam Tarasovic

I have black fur,
I am too big to live in trees,
I hit my chest for protection,
Who am I?

The Jaguar
by Erykah Price

I can swim very well,
I have very sharp teeth,
My fur is fuzzy, yellow and black,
Who am I?

The Jaguar
by Cece Dauer

I am spotted for camouflage,
I have a long tail for speed and balance,
Birds and other animals are my prey,
Who am I?
The Jaguar
by Christian Sherod
I have black and gold fur,
My fur blends with the understory,
I stay still for a long time...
CHOMP! I surprise my prey.
Who am I?
The Jaguar
by Josie Martin
My fur is my camouflage,
My legs help me swim,
I leap from branch to branch,
Who am I?
The Jaguar
by Ravenel Davis
I climb up trees,
I have spots all over,
I have fur that comouflages,
Who am I?
The Iguana
by Autumn Baumgart
I am a reptile,
My skin is scaly,
I am camouflaged,
Who am I?
The Sloth
by Eva Gravely
I have razor-sharp claws,
I have a white snow blanket on my body,
I am very slow...
Who am I?

No comments: